Monday, May 16, 2011

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler Review

Hi Guys,
For a while now ok for a long time now I've been in need of a new eyelash curler. I've actually never even heard of the brand until I tried out my boyfriend sister's Shu Uemura eyelash curler one day. It literally curled up every single strand of my lashes and since then I was on a hunt to get one for myself! haha

Item: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler (description from the website)
This curler is chosen among many professional makeup artists and celebrities worldwide and is listed as one of InStyle's Best Beauty Buys for 2011.
- Mushroom silicon pad shape provides a protective, stay-put edge for improved safety and optimum curl
- Patented hinge applies a perfect amount of pressure on eyelashes
- Curved angle suits all eye shapes
- Calculated shape and size of frame length and ergonomic handles ensure stability and control

Where to Buy?
I actually purchased mine through eBay for $10 but you can get it at their website for $19 and that's not including tax or shipping. And you can also buy them at Sephora =P

Pros:
- Curls lashes in a natural, long-lasting looking way
- Doesn't "crimp" lashes
- Doesn't rip out any lashes

Cons:
- Can sometimes pinch the skin of the inner corner of the eyes

Overall:
This is the best eyelash curler I have ever owned and I will probably be sticking to these ones from now on! I love how it just curls up my lashes so effortlessly. I know I said that they can sometimes pinch the skin of the inner corner of the eyes but that's only if you aren't being careful. Other than that I find it very easy and comfortable to use.  Now let the pictures do all the talking =)


Frontal View

Side View

Thanks for stopping by!
xo: Nini


-

8 comments:

  1. lol silly you. they sell these at sephora too :) i got one this one time but i ended up purchasing the half size one and returned it. so i never went to re purchase the full size :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puhaha! I didn't know that they sell it at sephora too! Thanks Jen I will add that into my post =) Oh you got to go back and get yourself the full size one! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe I will. I hardly use my curlers cause my mascara already does the work. i've just been wearing glasses and if i have em curled, they bother me with my glasses rubbing against my lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know what you mean, that happens to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG i luv luv luv this lash curler, and it is without a doubt the best lash curler ive used, mine is gold it was limited edition one form a x-mas collection a few years back~~~but they are like 25 or 28 in canada at sephora..

    and thx for your comment luv~~~~

    jessy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shu uemura is discontinued in the united states. As far as I know, You're no longer able to get any of their items in a store. You can still order from the website though. Nice blig btw ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post babe!!! my eyes are too small for this curler :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. ae...u curled your lashes perfectly! I've never been able to curl mine properly! >.< have any suggestion?

    btw, Can I invite you to join my GIVEAWAY-Korean BB creams , thank you ^^

    ReplyDelete