Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter: Life gets in the way of posting

Hi Guys! It has sure been a while since I last posted something on here and I just wanted to sincerely apologize to all of you. Life just gets in the way sometimes huh?!  Something has happened in my personal life that will be a life changing experience which I'm about to share will all of you lovelies. =)
My boyfriend Johnny of 7yrs (i know, long time) haha who I have been with since middle school has decided to join the Army.  He's been wanting to do that for as long as I can remember. He just felt like he wanted to live his life in a more purposeful way and to do something honorable. He didn't want to do what everybody else was doing like school & work. For one he hated his job and two he hated school even more. Personally I just think all that Modern Warfare II (shooting/wargame) has gotten into his head! jk I support him in whatever he feels like he needs to do, I'm not going to stand in his way but be there by his side. So last Monday, January 24th he left to Basic Training in Fort Sill, Oklahoma where he will be training for the next 4 months. He won't be able to call anyone or use the internet, just write letters. Which sucks bad! If he passes training he will graduate and be able to come back and visit for 2 weeks but then he will be off again for another 3 1/2 years. Within each year he is allowed 30 days vacation though. But yea that's why I haven't posted anything lately, I've been trying to spend as much time I possibly can with him.
I think the longest we've ever been apart from each other was for a month, how am I suppose to go without him for the next few years? We basically grew up together. He is such a huge part of my life and I can't imagine it without him. Family and friends are also skeptical about me waiting for him for that long. They don't think I can but whenever I feel or hear these doubts I just got to prove myself and everyone else wrong. To stay positive and strong is what I need to focus on. I mean we've been together for 7yrs what's another 3 1/2-4yrs right? I have nothing better to do anyways =P But no, he is so worth waiting for. I think this long distance is good, It will put both of us at our ultimate test in our relationship and it gives each other time to focus on ourselves for a change. We will both grow as a person and learn to love and appreciate each other more. I admit it has been way hard, I have cried a lot and missing him like crazy but I know that I can do this, We can do this.. Thank you for taking the time to read all of this! <3
Our last moment together at the Airport in Salt Lake City, Utah

2 comments:

  1. hey gorgeous!
    I love your blog layout babe, Do you want to redo mine? haha jk, but really I think i need a new layout. Anyways, i love your post babe, keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babe! =) Aww thanks! haha sure i'll redo yours if you want, I don't mind! I already have a good idea for yours hehe so let me know if you would like me to. Did you see my date on my last post?! haha its been forever but yea I will try to keep it up..since I now have a follower ;)

    ReplyDelete